Monday, April 13, 2020

Covid 19- Part 1 of 3

As I sit down and write this our school currently has the day off in honor of Easter weekend. This Easter sure was different than our ordinary Easter's, however it was perfect. In many ways I think God was trying to remind us the true meaning of Easter. We celebrated at home with our family and our entire day was centered around Jesus... it was wonderful. On Saturday we even got a special visit from the Easter Bunny himself on a golf cart. Here are a few of our Easter pictures from the weekend: 








Okay, back to quarantine life... today is our 29th day at home quarantined. We started out all this craziness with a week at the beach with our friends and family for our spring break. I am so thankful we had that week to unwind and relax before coming home to a big move and quarantined life. While at the beach we got word that GA was going on lock down and we rushed to the grocery store to stock up on essentials to bring home with us. Here are a few pictures of our relaxing days at the beach before returning home to craziness: 






Upon returning home, our family moved into a new house three days later(just 1.5 miles down the road) the day that all schools closed. We are so blessed that our move went so smoothly, despite everything that is going on. It has also given us PLENTY of time to unpack and get started on the many projects we have. 

Just like almost every family in America, we have been juggling schedules so that Elliot and I can take our calls without the children screaming in the background. All the while trying to keep them entertained, happy, and learning! It took us a few weeks to get into a good schedule that seems to be working very well, of course we do have many bumps along the way. Here is what a typical weekday in the life of the Nolan family looks like during quarantine: 

  • 6:00am- I wake up and have some alone time and prepare lesson plans for my students as well as my own children 
  • 7:00am- kids wake up and eat their breakfast 
  • 8:00am- I have a live online faculty meeting via Google Meet
  • 9:00-9:30am- I have a live morning meeting with my class via Google Meet 
  • 9:30-10:00am- I teach small groups for my students 
  • 10:00-11:00am- I am available for office hours with my students 
  • 10:00am- Ansleigh chats with her class via Google Meet 
  • 10:00-11:30am- homeschooling with my children 
  • 11:00am- Cooper chats with his class via Google Meet
  • 11:30-1:00- Lunch on the screened in porch and play outside or ride bikes 
  • 1:00-3:00- quiet time for my children and I check in on all of my students work for the day 
  • 1:30- leadership meeting 
  • 3:00- Ansleigh chats with her class via Google Meet 
  • Then we try and get outside/exercise until dinner time 
As you can see our days fly by pretty quickly. We are trying to slow down, make memories, and spend time outside together. I will continue to do a few other quarantine posts about homeschooling my children as well as teaching kindergarten online so stay tuned. To everyone reading this stay home, stay healthy, and make memories. To close here are a few pictures of how we have been spending out time outside together as well as what learning from the computer looks like for me and the kids: 

















1 comment:

  1. Great post Sarah. You are an amazing mom, teacher, and friend!!

    ReplyDelete